At Essentia Therapy, connection is at the core of everything we do. We believe there is nothing more powerful than being able to connect – be it with yourself, your loved ones, your clients or your colleagues – in an authentic and vulnerable way. We believe those connections are at the heart of growth and joy. We approach our work with curiosity, compassion and creativity and encourage our clients to do the same, all with the shared vision of crafting healthier, happier, more vulnerable and more fulfilling intimate relationships.
Essentia Therapy, LLC is hiring an experienced and licensed clinician with an interest in relationship and sex therapy. The ideal candidate is sex-positive, social-justice-oriented and independent, looking to build and maintain a caseload within a private practice setting. The position will start as part time with the option to build into a full time role based on case load. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, abilities, and identities to apply.
- Provide psychotherapy for clients seeking to address personal, relational and sexual concerns.
- Respond to prospective client emails and phone calls within 24 business hours.
- Coordinate basic intake, communicate practice policies and procedures and ensure the collection of all information necessary for insurance and billing purposes.
- Maintain clinical records and progress notes, create and maintain individualized treatment plans and goals for each client.
- Participate in content creation for practice, including monthly blog posts and weekly social media posts.
- 2+ years post clinical licensure in marriage and family therapy, social work, psychology or counseling (provisionally licensed therapists are welcome to apply).
- Licensed to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Some experience providing sex therapy in a clinical setting.
- Specialized training in treating relational concerns.
- Current availability to work 1-2 weeknights and/or one weekend day.
- Access to high-speed internet and suitable work-from-home environment and/or ability to reach Essentia Therapy’s offices in Chicago’s Loop area.
- Experience working with Middle Eastern or Muslim populations and/or other religious groups is a plus, although not required.
- W-2 position with competitive compensation.
- Benefits include paid PTO and health insurance.
- Flexible time-off/vacation policy.
- Flexible hours and scheduling.
- Ongoing client referrals.
- Regular supervision/consultation with Essentia Therapy founder.
- Marketing and networking tools (email, business cards, marketing material, website page, paid directory listings).
- Submit your resume and a 3-5 minute video cover letter introducing yourself and sharing why you are interested in the role, as well as why you might be a good fit for Essentia Therapy.
- Submissions to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org